SCC Single Sign-On Login Instructions-Remember, you will not have access to your course until the first day of your class
ACCESSING SCC SINGLE SIGN-ON WITH AN SCC-ISSUED USERNAME AND PASSWORD
It is necessary to know your SCC-issued username and password in order to access your online, hybrid, web-assisted, and face-to-face courses.
Login instructions for SCC Single Sign-On Portal:
- To access the SSO portal open Google Chrome on your desktop or laptop.
- Go to the SCC Homepage: https://www.sampsoncc.edu
- From the SCC Homepage , click MySCC Login located on the right-hand side of the page
- At the login screen, enter your SCC username and password (if you do not know your SCC username and password see the information below). You will now be on the My Apps page
- Username: First initial, followed by up to nine characters of your last name, followed by the last 4 digits of student identification number. Your student identification number is your 7-digit identification number that begins with a zero (0), and can be located on your printed class schedule. Also, you can locate the last 4 digits of your student identification number on the back side of your SCC student ID card or on the front of the new SCC ID cards. On the old ID card Simply look at the last five numbers on your SCC student ID card, cover the last number which is randomly assigned, and look at the preceding four numbers, which will be used as the last part of your username. on the new SCC ID cards the use the last 4-digits of the ID number.
- Mary L. Johnson, for example, has a student identification number which is 0123456. Her username is mjohnson3456. The middle initial is not part of the username.
- Mark Smith, for example, does not have a middle name and a student identification number which is 3456789. His username is msmith789. The lack of a middle name is irrelevant.
- Shelly K. Smith-Jones, for example, has a student identification number which is 2345678. Her username is ssmithjon5678. Note there is no hyphen in her username and the last part of her last name is truncated.
Type your password in the space provided.
- Password: Date of birth—bdMMDDYY format with the lower-case letters bd followed by 6 digits and no spaces. If a student was born on February 21, 1995, for example, he or she would enter bd022195 as the password.
- IMPORTANT: It is very important that you change your password to protect your security in Moodle. You will see a message located on the top right-hand side of Moodle once you successfully log in that reads, You are logged in as YOUR STUDENT NAME (Logout). Click your name and you will be taken to a menu that will allow you to change your password.
IMPORTANT: Once you successfully log into the Network you will be required to change the original password assigned. Your new password must be at least eight characters long and must include at least one digit and at least one upper case letter.
Click the tab on the App that reads Moodle to access your Moodle courses. IMPORTANT: Once you successfully log into Moodle you will be required to change the original password assigned. Your new password must be at least eight characters long and must include at least one digit and at least one upper case letter. Your current password is your birthday: bdMMDDYY
Front side of SCC student ID card Back side of SCC student ID card
If you have problems successfully logging into the Network, check your name which is located on your registration form to verify that is corresponds with the information you are providing.