Moodle Login Instructions-Remember, you will not have access to your course until the first day of your class
ACCESSING MOODLE WITH AN SCC-ISSUED USERNAME AND PASSWORD
It is necessary to know your SCC-issued username and password in order to access your online, hybrid, web-assisted courses, and face-to-face courses.
Login instructions for Moodle:
- To access Moodle directly go to https://mymoodle.sampsoncc.edu. You may also access Moodle from the SCC homepage by going to https://www.sampsoncc.edu and click the Moodle tab.
- Once you have accessed Moodle, locate the Login section on the right-hand side of the Moodle home page.
- Type your username in the space provided.
- Username: First initial, followed by up to nine characters of your last name, followed by the last 4 digits of student identification number. Your student identification number is your 7-digit identification number that begins with a zero (0), and can be located on your printed class schedule. Also, you can locate the last 4 digits of your student identification number on the back side of your SCC student ID card. Simply look at the last five numbers on your SCC student ID card, cover the last number which is randomly assigned, and look at the preceding four numbers, which will be used as the last part of your username.
- Mary L. Johnson, for example, has a student identification number which is 0123456. Her username is mjohnson3456. The middle initial is not part of the username.
- Mark Smith, for example, does not have a middle name and a student identification number which is 3456789. His username is msmith789. The lack of a middle name is irrelevant.
- Shelly K. Smith-Jones, for example, has a student identification number which is 2345678. Her username is ssmithjon5678. Note there is no hyphen in her username and the last part of her last name is truncated.
Type your password in the space provided.
- Password: Date of birth—bdMMDDYY format with the lower-case letters bd followed by 6 digits and no spaces. If a student was born on February 21, 1995, for example, he or she would enter bd022195 as the password.
- IMPORTANT: It is very important that you change your password to protect your security in Moodle. You will see a message located on the top right-hand side of Moodle once you successfully log in that reads, You are logged in as YOUR STUDENT NAME (Logout). Click your name and you will be taken to a menu that will allow you to change your password.
Front side of SCC student ID card Back side of SCC student ID card
IMPORTANT: Once you successfully log into Moodle you will be required to change the original password assigned. Your new password must be at least eight characters long and must include at least one digit and at least one upper case letter.
Click the tab on the SCC home page that reads Moodle to access your Moodle courses.
If you have problems successfully logging into Moodle, check your name which is located on your registration form to verify that is corresponds with the information you are providing for your Moodle username.